Join Shuai Mu on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreRwandaDufatanye Cb Sub Grp B is a group represented by Solange, who is 34 years old. She is married with 2 children between the ages of 2 and 7. The group name translates to “let...Read their story >
- LivestockArmeniaManik, aged 54, is a hardworking farmer from Masis town. She lives there with her husband and two adult sons. The whole family is involved in farming activities. Together t...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanAtyrkul is 54 years old, married, and the mother of five children. She has a high school education and has been farming since 1988. As a result of Atyrkul's hard work, she ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaVaiopule is a 60-year-old mother with 7 children. She owns and operates a small business cooking and selling BBQ in her community to earn a living. Vaiopule requested for a...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorMario didn't have the opportunity to attend school, because he had to work from a young age. He is married and his wife is a merchant. They don't have any children together...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shuai Mu, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,411 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.