Join Shuai Mu on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingPhilippinesDivina finds pleasure in doing her farming activities (rootcrops, bananas and coconuts). Not only is she doing her hobby with her husband but she earns to make a living. At...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesMozambiqueDaniel is 35 years old, lives with his wife and has one young daughter, but he has separated from her mother and now lives with a new wife. He is a soldier and has no other...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanThis woman is 26 years old. Her name is Gulruhsori and she's the mother of two children. Her husband is a taxi driver and she and her sons live in Dushane. Gulruhsori has b...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesMozambiqueEusebio is 39 years old and married with 6 children, 5 girls and a boy. He owns a booth at a local market and he supports his mother by sending her money.
He will use ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesColombiaSara is a female head of household who has covered the necessities of her household thanks to her talent in the kitchen. She lives in the municipality of Barranquilla with ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Shuai Mu, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,668 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.