Join Guy B. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsArmeniaMeet Edik! He is a 45-year-old farmer with 25 years of experience under his belt. Edik inherited his farm as well as his skills from his father. He supports his family of 6...Read their story >
- CattlePeruPedro is a 40 year old hard working man that lives with his partner and his 2 children in the rural community of Orlaque, which is located in Moquegua.
He works ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaJoseph is a married man. He has four children. He describes himself as focused.
He operates a retail business where he sells clothes. He has been involved in th...Read their story >
- LivestockArmeniaMeet Sergey! Sergey is an agronomist with many years of experience. He keeps many cows, calves, mother pigs, and hens. Thanks to his farm, Sergey supports his family. Serge...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMargaret is 52 years old and has 11 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 13 farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Margaret has b...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Guy B., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.