Join Guy B. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Shoe SalesPalestineMahmud is a 29-years-old from Ramallah, West Bank. He is a single man lives with his parents, where he tries so hard to provide his family all things they need. He opened r...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPamela is 43 years old and has 5 children. She has been a farmer for 20 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Pamela is the only one fea...Read their story >
- DairyKosovoFadil is a war veteran and a father of 5 children. He lives with his family in the country and works as a farmer. He has some cows from which he takes the milk to sell to h...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreParaguayDelia is from Itá. She is continuing with her enterprise, which is a small grocery. Through her business, she has the means to give her family a dignified standard of liv...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaStembo, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than twenty-five years, and is now proud to represent his group of fifteen farmers in Matete District. He is fifty-four y...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Guy B., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,410 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.