Join Guy B. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesUgandaSilver is an old client in the institution who is applying for a loan of sh.4,000,000=. Silver is aged 45 years and happily married with 5 children. He hails from Katonya, ...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- FoodGuatemalaLife for indigenous Maya women is not easy, especially for those who live in rural areas. The ladies work hard to provide good lives for their families and education for t...Read their story >Funding via Friendship Bridge
- FarmingKenyaWycliffe, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 10 farmers in Webuye District. He is 54 years old, is married...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Used ClothingRwandaJeannete is a 43-year-old mother and is married with 4 children. Due to her experience and background, she was nominated as the group leader for Ganaheza Gasharu. She is t...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- Charcoal SalesSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone! This is 48-year-old Aminata from Fullah, an eastern area in Freetown. She is divorced, with four children. Three of her children are currently ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
Kiva lenders, like Guy B., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,694 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.