Join Guy B. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesMerriam finds pleasure in doing her hog fattening business. Not only is she doing her hobby, she earns an income as well. At the age of 47 and married, she busies herself t...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- CafeBoliviaSamanta is a 30-year-old woman who lives with her partner. She has a 6-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter. Samanta’s business is a coffee shop.
She is a perse...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- RetailKenyaCaisiano, a married father of three, describes himself to be trustworthy. For 10 years he has been operating a retail business where he sells soap, rice, sugar, flour, soda...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StoreColombiaJosé is a young man. He is only 22, and opened a grocery store with the goal to help his mother, and become the family's provider so that his mother, whom he loves so much,...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- LivestockEl SalvadorJosé is 49 years old. He is a high school graduate and is married. His wife is a housewife. He has three children from his marriage. One of them is a student, while the...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Guy B., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,007 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.