Join Graeme, Dell, and Sofia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketSierra LeonePictured here are members of the "God Gee" Group from Kabala, a city in northern Sierra Leone. They are petty-businesswomen who have come to Salone Microfinance Trust (SMT)...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreHaitiCarole and her board members successfully managed the savings group to repay its loan. In addition to that, the members love being connected to a formal institution like Fo...Read their story >
- RetailPeruManuel is a hard-working man, 42 years old, who lives in the locality of Pausa, which is located in Ayucucho. He works in retail, selling computers and computer programs su...Read their story >
- AgricultureHondurasDelmer is a very hard-working youth and through his own work is a coffee farmer in the San Isidro region. He has 2 acres of lempira variety coffee. This coffee is quite ...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsIndiaRaghunath is a 16-year-old boy who appeared for his 10th board exam during the last month from Seventh Day Adventist School, Khurda district. He lives with his parents in a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Graeme, Dell, and Sofia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,114 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.