Join J. W. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanRakhima has successfully repaid her loan, having used the funds as intended. She is very thankful to Kiva and to everyone who helped her with the financing. There are 6 cow...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- FarmingKenyaShem is 62 years old and is often referred to as a really friendly person. As a group leader, he is representing his group in Teso District, formed by 15 farmers, including...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Personal Products SalesGuatemalaThe third person from the right to the left [in the photo], Heidy is a 23 year old young woman. She is married and has a one year old child. With a desire to help her husba...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- CerealsUgandaGodfrey is requesting for a loan facility to buy more maize and beans for selling. He ventured into the most lucrative business of buying and selling agricultural produce m...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM
- FarmingKenyaMartha's Group is formed by 12 farmers in Teso District, and is being represented by Martha who pictured above. She is 25 years old, married and has 3 children. Martha has ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like J. W., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.