Join Giri Fox on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaEmily, pictured above, has been a farmer for 16 years, and is now proud to represent her group of 11 farmers in Chwele District. She is 37 years old, married, and has five ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Fruits & VegetablesSierra LeonePictured here are members of the “Faith” group. They are small scale businesswomen based in Kabala, a city in northern Sierra Leone. They are applying for a loan of SLL 500...Read their story >Funding via Salone Microfinance Trust (SMT)
- TailoringPakistanTabasum is a 36-year-old woman, living with her family in the area of Gujranwala, Pakistan.
She runs a women's clothes tailoring business at her home. She has b...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- CerealsKenyaDear Kiva lenders,
Leonard has been practicing mixed farming for the past six years, during which he has gathered a lot of experience. He is considered among the...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaría, 36, has a second grade education. She is a single mother of 4 minor children, who are in school.
María has experience in trade; in addition she sells tort...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Giri Fox, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,711 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.