Join Giri Fox on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaA widowed woman living in Kampong Chhnang province, Sokhom is 64 years old and a mother of six children, all of whom are still depending on her. She has been farming rice s...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorMelida is 63 years old. She is married and lives with her husband, daughters, and grandchildren. Melida and her husband are farmers. They used to be day laborers, but now t...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanPictured here is Arus. She is 35 years old and she and her family live in Kulob. Arus is married and the mother of three sons. Her husband is a construction foreman.
<...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreJordanRana has a grocery store. It is the perfect place for her. It was her husband who made the decision of finding her a business that she can make an income from. So, the gro...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreZimbabweVongai is a 25-year-old married lady who has been running a grocery shop since 2008. She works with her husband and is managing to feed her family with the income from this...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Giri Fox, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,039 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.