Join Giovanni on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BeveragesCambodiaSokvy is 36 years old and is a married woman with one daughter. She sells beverages and ice. Her husband works as an air conditioner repairer. Sokvy has been running this b...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA 32-year-old mother of a small kid, Saem is now living in a rural village in Battambang province. To earn a living, she and her husband have been growing cassava and worki...Read their story >
- Food StallPakistanAsghari is a 57-year-old mother of five children. She is always supportive of her children, and they all regard her very much.
One of her sons owns a food stall...Read their story >
- Mobile TransactionsRwandaAbiyemeje cb sub grp A is a group represented by Beathe, who is 26 years old. She is married with 1 child of 3 years. The group name means “Ambitious people” in English. Sh...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorNoé is 41 years old. He lives with his life's companion and they have two children.
Noé works in agriculture, and has much experience. He learned fro...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Giovanni, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,533 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.