Join Gio on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesDelia is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with seven children. She runs a food vending in the Philippines and requested a PHP 21,000 loan through NWTF in order to buy ingr...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Consumer GoodsBoliviaJuan is 37 years old. He pays rent. He is married and he is the father of 3 kids. He works as an employee for a private company. Juan needs a loan to buy a computer that h...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- RickshawPakistanGul Bary is a 54-year-old woman. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is a responsible mother of nine children.
One of her sons is a rickshaw driver by profess...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- SewingColombiaAmparo for a large part of her life has made a living sewing. In this way the client generates the resources needed to support the family's finances, made up of her husband...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Charcoal SalesRwandaAburukundo CB is a group led by Beatha who is 38 years old. She is married with 6 children aged between 5 and 17 years. The group name means “PEOPLE WITH LOVE” in English. ...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank
Kiva lenders, like Gio, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,069 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.