Join Gio on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorDamaris is 35 years old. She studied up to third grade. She is in a common-law marriage and her partner works as a driver. Together they have two daughters who are the only...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- General StorePhilippinesNancy is 50 years old and married with four children. With one child in school, she works very hard to provide for them. She runs a general store in the Philippines and ha...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- General StoreColombiaThe dream of being the best store in the neighborhood, of having a large income of money, giving his two minor children an excellent quality of living and expanding his sto...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Soft DrinksSierra LeoneAs a married parent, M’balia works hard to support her family. She hopes that her hard work will help her to attain her dream of saving enough to provide a secure future fo...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- General StoreIndonesiaMaria (whose hand is raised) is a 33-year-old woman and blessed with three lovely children from the marriage to Leonardus, 36, a truck driver. Their ages are between 4 and ...Read their story >Funding via Tanaoba Lais Manekat Foundation (TLM)
Kiva lenders, like Gio, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,278 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.