Salvacion has a food vending business i...Read their story >
Join Gio on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesSalvacion is a widowed woman with three children. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur. Salvacion is 63 years old now.
Salvacion has a food vending business i...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJose, at 55 years of age, lives in his own home with his wife and his son. He has devoted himself to the cultivation of corn for the past 25 years ago, and he sells his pro...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- FoodUgandaHassan is a 37-year-old married man living in Fort Portal, Uganda. He has been actively involved in buying and selling of hides, skins and coffee for eight years now. He st...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Used ClothingSierra LeoneMariama is a 27-year-old woman who works hard to support her family. She earns her income through her used clothing business. Mariama and her group are borrowing SLL 4,000,...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- TailoringPakistanNaseem is a 31-year-old married woman and a mother of three children. She has been doing a business of tailoring for many years to support her husband (also shown in the ph...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
Kiva lenders, like Gio, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,973 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.