She is an experienced farmer and lives with her husband, son, and father-in-law. She is self-employed an...Read their story >
Join Gio on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsArmeniaNarine lives in the village of Qarakert in the Armavir region.
She is an experienced farmer and lives with her husband, son, and father-in-law. She is self-employed an...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- General StoreKenyaFestus is a married man with two children, both of whom attend school. He lives at his own house that has neither electricity nor piped water. His greatest monthly expense...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Beauty SalonPakistanShazia is 36 years old woman who lives in an under developed area of Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan with her family. Due to the bad financial conditions of her family, she decid...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- TailoringPakistanGulshan Tahira is a 32-year-old woman living with her family in the area of Gujrat, Pakistan. She runs a women’s clothes tailoring business at her home. She has been workin...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Home EnergyNicaraguaThe young man Paulo is single and has no children. He went to school up to the second grade. He didn’t continue going to school because, during the war of the 1980s, the co...Read their story >Funding via TECNOSOL
Kiva lenders, like Gio, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,594 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.