Join Gio on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs. La is a Thai ethnic woman who lives with her husband and her daughter in Son La city, a subsidized unit of Son La province. Her family is supported mainly by the salar...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution
- Construction SuppliesGuatemalaFrida (center of the photograph) is 19 years old. She lives with her mother in a community of Suchitepéquez. She is kind, responsible, and persistent. She studied to be a s...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- PigsVietnamSu, standing at the far right in the photo, is 52 years old and is a Thai ethnic widow. She lives with her 26-year-old son in a small Thai traditional stilt house. Because...Read their story >Funding via Entrepreneurs du Monde - Anh Chi Em
- RickshawPakistanSamina is a simple housewife. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband is a rickshaw driver by profession.
For the past many days his rickshaw has not bee...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- RickshawPakistanRazia is a married woman and lives with her small family in Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan. Her son is the sole breadwinner for the family and currently drives an auto rickshaw....Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Gio, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,794 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.