Join Harry on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaGeoffrey is a married man with 4 children. He operates a retail business where he sells fruit. He has been involved in this business for 10 years. His business is located i...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- AgricultureEl SalvadorWe have pixelated this young woman's face because she's 24 years old and lives in a high-risk area.
She's earned a living growing staple crops for seven years. ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- CattleTajikistanDavlytoi is an entrepreneur who is married and has 3 children 21, 23, 25 years old. She was born in 1967. She has been busy with animal husbandry for more than 22 years. Li...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- Higher education costsPeruJean is a 19 year old youth who has been studying Production Mechanics in a local institute for a year and a half. He is doing practical work in his spare time at a mechani...Read their story >Funding via EDAPROSPO
- FoodGuatemalaSan Pedro Yepocapa in the State of Chimaltenango is where 10 women have formed the Friendship Bridge Trust Bank “Virgen de Rosario”. The ladies cling to their cultural trad...Read their story >Funding via Friendship Bridge
Kiva lenders, like Harry, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,405 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.