Join Harry on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaEvans is a Kiva borrower. He has 1 child. He describes himself to be honest. He operates a retail business where he sells clothes. He has been involved in this business for...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Cosmetics SalesBoliviaMicaela makes money by selling cosmetics and other beauty products. She is 31 and the mother of two daughters, aged 13 and 5.
This time she needs a loan to buy ...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- CerealsPhilippinesAs a married parent of five children, Diana works hard to support her family.
She has a buy and sell rice grains business in the Philippines, and also earns addi...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorFernando is 25 years old and comes from a family of farming parents where income is minimal, which is why he has had to work since he was very young. His partner takes care...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- AgricultureTajikistanSpring is the planting season. Many residents of Qubadiyon have already finished preparing the land. Safargul is one of those people. The only thing that remains is for her...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
Kiva lenders, like Harry, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,983 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.