Join Harry on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgriculturePeruFelix, 65 years old, lives with his wife in a house he owns. They live in the Cayaltí district, in the province of Chiclayo, in the department of Lambayeque, in Perú. He ha...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Shoe SalesPakistanParveen is the age of 44 and is living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband owns a shoe shop in which he sells a variety of shoes. He buys shoes from different shoe...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- RickshawPakistanSafia is a 41-year-old lady, living with her spouse and three children in Lahore, Pakistan. She wants to earn some savings so that she can provide better living facilities ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- RestaurantColombiaVirginia is 38 years old, is married and the mother of 3 children. She has made a living in an independent manner for the last 6 years, approximately. She started with a re...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesAs a married mother of two children, Merlyn works hard to support her family.
She has a clothing retail business in the Philippines. Merlyn is borrowing PHP 15,0...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Harry, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,228 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.