Join Harry on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallColombiaLuis is a 53-year-old man. He lives in the town of Sincelejo. The area where he lives had problems with armed conflict some time ago, so it's considered an area of risk f...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Grocery StoreHondurasMaria is an entrepreneurial woman. She works in her own business, which is the selling of general groceries. She has been doing this occupation for 6 years. She does her...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- General StoreEl SalvadorMaría lives with her husband and a niece. Her children live on their own and do not receive economic support from their relatives. She runs her own business that sells basi...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- General StoreBoliviaThe loan group "El Arbolito" is starting its fourth cycle in Pro Mujer, as part of the Senkata Focus Center. It's made up of eight members and led by a board of directors, ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
- General StoreTanzaniaKwigema is a mother of three children. She is married and, to support her family, she operates a small village shop which is located in a very busy area. She's been running...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
Kiva lenders, like Harry, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,622 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.