Join Harry on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureCameroonBelinga is a father of six children, aged between seven and 19 years old. He is a farmer, and after primary school, he decided to start farming the cacao farm he inherited ...Read their story >
- LivestockArmeniaHaykanush is from the Syunik region and works at a local kindergarten. She is a previous Kiva borrower and some of the lenders may remember her. Haykanush is marries and ha...Read their story >
- BeveragesRwandaFloride is 64 years old and she is married, with one child. She has had a soft drink business for the last ten years.
As a group leader, Floride requested a loa...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanThis is Nargas, a married lady living in Gujranwala, Pakistan with her family. She is a hardworking lady and has been working as a tailor for many years. She is a professio...Read their story >
- Spare PartsBurkina FasoAbdoulaye is married and the father of two children; the oldest is six years old and the youngest is four. One child goes to school, and he has four dependents. Abdoulaye h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Harry, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.