Join Gerv on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodColombiaEverything started three years ago when Doriet, guided by economic need, started a business selling foods. After some time has passed, she realizes the enormous opportunity...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Clothing SalesCongo (Dem. Rep.)In 2010, Marthe, launched a business thanks to an inheritance she received after her father's passing. She first sold pagnes [bright, colorful fabric] but then changed to c...Read their story >Funding via Programme d'Appui aux Initiatives de Développement Economique au Kivu (PAIDEK)
- Grocery StoreKenyaPamela is a married woman with four children, three of whom attend school. She owns a house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her monthly expense is school fees...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- PerfumesColombiaDeyci is an 18-year-old woman, who is a single mother of a 4 month old baby girl. To provide for her daughter and buy her everything she needs, Deyci decided to sell mercha...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Auto RepairPakistanAtiya is 36 years old and married. She lives in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is the mother of five children. Her whole family is fully dependent upon her husband, as h...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Gerv, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,164 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.