Join Gerv on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsVietnamMinh is a young female and is a Thai ethnic woman. She is the woman standing first from the right in the picture. After leaving school when she was 18, she married and now ...Read their story >
- Construction SuppliesPeruFlor is a hard-working woman, 26 years of age. She is mother and father for her daughter, who is her primary motivation. They live in the town of Carhuanilla, which is loca...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonValere is a 52-year old married man. He has been living in a village in the region with his family for years. He manages a cacao plantation he inherited from relatives ten ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesColombiaAlbeiro is a small-time entrepreneur from Facatativá who, at a very young age, started his own business. He lives with his partner and is the father of two children, ages ...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanThe person in the photograph is Qiyomidin. He is 34 years old, married, and the father of the four children. He has one daughter and three sons. Qiyomidin is hardworking an...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Gerv, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,669 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.