Join Gerv on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaría needs a new loan to avoid shortages of primary materials which would affect her business. As there was little rain during the winter, the harvests were not as hoped, ...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- RetailPakistanSarafeen is a responsible lady, aged 52, married and living in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband owns a bike shop and has nearly two years experience with this business. He...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Housing ExpensesBoliviaFaby is 23 years old and she is married. She works as a employee at a private cleaning company, and her husband, who is 35 years old, works as a driver. Faby is requesti...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- Phone Use SalesIndonesiaDani lives in Cianjur, located about three hour’s drive from Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. He owns a small stall where he sells small snacks, drinks and mobile ph...Read their story >Funding via PT Rekan Usaha Mikro Anda (Ruma)
- General StorePhilippinesHelen is a loving mother of her three children. She is 55 years old and married to a welder. She has owned and run a variety store business for four years. She established ...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran, Inc. (ASKI)
Kiva lenders, like Gerv, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,199 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.