Join Gary on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaHaruna is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer from Bagadai village. Haruna lives in a modest mud house with his family. Thanks to his hard work, he feeds his family thre...Read their story >
- RetailPakistanAmina is a 26-year-old working lady living with her family in village area Multan, Pakistan. She has one son of 4 years who is getting primary education. Her husband is a g...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaShitu is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer who lives in a modest mud house with his family in Kofar Fada village.
Previously, despite toiling for long hour...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA rural villager who resides in Kampong Thom province, Sophea is 51 years old, and a married mother of three dependent children, two of whom are in school now. As a rural l...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAt heart, Jared is a resourceful, loving father. His fatherly love motivates him to work hard so that he can support his family. Jared is a smallholder farmer in the Kenyen...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Gary, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,746 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.