Join Gary on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockEl SalvadorJose works in the cattle and agricultural industries along with his wife. He has two dependent children, and he could only go to school until the third grade and couldn't c...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- ServicesPakistanAsiya is a 34-year-old married woman; she lives in Lahore city along with her three children and spouse. Her husband provide services to bend and curve the metal sheet into...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StorePakistanNazia has successfully built her business of a general store with the support of Kashf Foundation and Kiva. By this time she has attained a good number of customers and mak...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorAlba was only able to study basic education until first grade. She is in a relationship and her spouse works as a taxi driver and farmer. She has two daughters who are in s...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaMonica, age 40, is the mother of four children. She is very clear about what she wants in life and is determined to get ahead and have a good life. She is a smallholder far...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Gary, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,175 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.