Join Gary on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodRwandaBonavantire is 28 years old and married with 2 children. Due to his experience, Bonavantire was nominated as the group leader for Twiyubake Rukizi. Bonavantire is the man s...Read their story >
- CattleArmeniaGet to know Mary! Mary is an accountant from Goris town, where she lives with her husband and one-year-old son. Her husband, Artak, is a farmer. Mary helps her husband with...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaría is opting to request another loan, as they are an effective tool for boosting her business in a short time. With the capital, she will be able to buy oil, corn, sugar...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportColombiaJuan is 30 years old and lives in the municipality of Sopetran. He’s a hardworking man who started his own business in 2006. He transports people in his town and he began t...Read their story >
- EmbroideryPakistanShaheen is a 33 years old, married woman.
She does hand embroidery and makes beautiful patterns for people of her community. Her designs are much in demand and ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Gary, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,131 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.