Join Gary on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailLebanonManal is a 27-year-old single lady, who got employed with a limited salary three years ago in a mobile phone shop to cover her needs and expenses. She is a hard worker and ...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- CerealsPhilippinesAs a married mother of four children, Maria Lee works hard to support her family. She has a rice retailing business in the Philippines.
Maria Lee is borrowing P...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Home Products SalesMadagascarRahelisoa is 48 years old and married. The number of children is three, and two of them are already married, and one is in a private school. Her husband supports her in her...Read their story >Funding via Crédit Epargne Formation (CEFOR)
- Movie Tapes & DVDsLebanonSince 2001, Saly has owned a small shop where she sells movies, tapes, DVDs and CDs. She is an ambitious woman from Lebanon, born in 1985.
Her husband works as ...Read their story >Funding via Ibdaa Microfinance SAL
- General StoreEl SalvadorAna is 53 years old and has a 2nd grade education. Her partner abandoned her, leaving her with the responsibility of caring for her five children. They are adults now and ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Gary, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,660 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.