Join Gary on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEgyptHanaa is 41, married, and has three children. Her husband is an electrician. She has two projects; one of them is a clothing project and the other one is a beauty salon pro...Read their story >Funding via Together Association for Development and Environment
- General StorePhilippinesFlaviano is a 33-year-old man; he lives in the city of Baybay, Leyte with his family.
To earn a living, he and his family run a sari-sari (variety) store and ear...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- FarmingCambodiaIn the picture, Savun took this photo with her group members. Savun is a 53 years old, a rice farmer and married woman. Savun is pictured first from the right, and she has ...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Ltd.
- FarmingUgandaAisha is 29 years old, and married with three children. She and her family lives in Bundibugyo, Uganda. She has a cocoa business, mainly buying and selling to cocoa compani...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- General StoreIndonesiaKristina and Emilia are the new additional members in the Susar group. They were interested in joining the existing group as they want to improve their business. Kristina i...Read their story >Funding via Tanaoba Lais Manekat Foundation (TLM)
Kiva lenders, like Gary, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,928 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.