Join Florian on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BakeryTajikistanThis is Yosinjon. He is 45 years old. Yosinjon lives with his wife and daughter in the city of Isfara. Yosinjon has been building his sales business for a few years. He has...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaJoash is a married family man with three children. His wife is a farmer and takes care of the home, and they support one another.
He is a hardworking man who fer...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Eglen, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 6 farmers in Sirisia District, Kenya. She is married and is a mother to 4 children. She...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNigeriaIfeanyi, 37, is married and a father of 3. He lives with his wife and children. He is very hard working, presently working as a mill machine operator. Ifeanyi's annual chal...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorMiguel is a 54-year-old farmer. He is married, and his wife works taking care of the household chores. He has three children, all of whom live in their own homes. Miguel wo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Florian, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,756 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.