Join Flavius on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingVietnamMr. Thái is 53 years old and he is married with three children. Thái lives in Trieu Son district, a rural town in Thanh Hoa province. He has operated a food stall/restauran...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreNicaraguaRaquel, 34, is a hard-working woman who keeps a small grocery store in order to earn a living. She has been in this business for six years and it's going very well. She is ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaVjollca welcomed the staff in her apartment. She is a first time client in the institution and is requesting your financial help to make some basic repairs to it. She is 53...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaLiving in a rural area located in Pursat province’s Vel Veng district, Raksmey is 29-year-old mother of two small kids. She grows corn in the local area and supplements her...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorAna is a single mother with two children who live with her and help her work the land. She earns her living growing basic grains; she's had more than 19 years doing this wo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Flavius, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,468 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.