E...Read their story >
Join Flavius on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaGet to know Edinah, a tireless farmer who works seven days a week. This is all because she wants to achieve her dream of giving her children a good education.
E...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs Vụ is 53 years old, and she is married with two children. She has worked in agriculture for more than 10 years.
Vụ lives in Quang Xuong District, a rural tow...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueFlavio was born in Manjacaze in the province of Gaza. He is 38 years old and lives with his wife. He is the father of three young children, two of whom go to school. He is ...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesTo make a living, Saturnino operates a motorcycle transportation business and, at the same time, manages his own farm. He joined Gata Daku Multi-Purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)...Read their story >
- TailoringTajikistanSaodat is 32 years old. She has been running her clothes-sewing business for six years. She is running her business alone. She was taught by her mother. She has a lot of sa...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Flavius, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,855 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.