Join Manuèle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreColombiaDiana is a 38-year-old small business owner who resides in a neighborhood in the municipality of Madrid, which is in the Department of Cundinamarca. She has a business of ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAbraham, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing his group, formed by 11 farmers in Matete District, Kenya. He joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 2012...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanAfshan is a women entrepreneur and struggling to bring prosperity to her family. She is 33 years old and lives in a small house with 7 family members. She is a skilled woma...Read their story >
- Electronics SalesUgandaSamuel is a 27-year-old businessman who lives in Kenyojo, Uganda. He has been in this business for the last two years.
He got his initial using his personal sav...Read their story >
- General StoreRwandaDuhozanye Cb is a group represented by Gaudence, who is 33 years old. The group name means “Stop Crying” in English. She is married and has three children aged two to eight...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Manuèle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.