Join françois derbaix on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesTajikistanBibimavjuda, 43, is a very kind and responsible woman who lives and works in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. She is married and has two daughters and two sons. She loves her family ...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- Beauty SalonPalestineSafa' is 28 years old and a married woman, and lives in a house that she owns. She has had a beauty salon in her home for one year. Safa' has many customers as she does a v...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- SewingColombiaSixta is a 53 year old woman who for much of her life has made a living sewing for third parties. But now she can change her manner of operating her business and you can be...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Grocery StoreTajikistanThe woman in this photo is Moriya. She is a very kind and skillful woman. She was born in 1968 in Vahdat region. She is married and has four children.
She deals...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- Butcher ShopPakistanNoor Jahan is a 45-year-old, married woman living with her spouse and five children in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Her husband is a butcher by profession; ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like françois derbaix, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,151 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.