Join françois derbaix on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryEcuadorThe canton of El Carmen specializes in cattle raising and the exportation of plantain, cacao, and tropical fruit. The climate is hot and humid, and its cuisine is made uniq...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- General StorePakistanShenaz is 44 years old, married woman. She is shown in the photo with her husband, he has been successfully running a small general store. He has become popular in his com...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Farm SuppliesPeruVictor Raúl is 64-years old and married. He lives with his wife in the district of Querecotillo, Cutervo province and department of Cajamarca in Perú. He has very good per...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Home Products SalesParaguayWilson is a very hardworking and entrepreneurial person who is striving to move forward and grow. He says that through his work he is helping his family and loved ones. His...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- General StorePhilippinesEvelyn is 49 years old, widowed with three children. Evelyn works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20000 loa...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like françois derbaix, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,559 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.