Join françois derbaix on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingEl SalvadorJosé attended school through the sixth grade. He had to drop out of school because his parents' economic situation wasn't the best. He is in a relationship, and his partn...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaJohn, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing his group, formed by 16 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya. He joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 2010 an...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Clothing SalesKenyaMargaret is a 51-year-old lady who is happily married to a man called Stephen. They are blessed with 4 children who are all grown up.
Margaret hawks clothes for ...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Motorcycle TransportCambodiaSalorn is a three-wheel vehicle driver. He is a responsible father of two children. One of his children is too young to attend school, while the other one is in school. Sal...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- ServicesGuatemalaThere are an incredible number of people and companies (both for-profit and non-profit) around the world that make a significant positive impact on society. Unfortunately, ...Read their story >Funding via Pomona Impact
Kiva lenders, like françois derbaix, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,496 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.