Join françois derbaix on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonPakistanFaria is a 46-year-old woman residing in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is a mother of three children. Her husband is the guardian of family and responsible to fulfill the need ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- AgricultureKenyaGeofrey, pictured above, has been a farmer for 16 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 13 farmers in Webuye District. He is 43 years old, is married, and has 6...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- General StoreVietnamMrs Xoan is standing at second from right, she is 58 years old and to married with 4 children. Her family is living in a small tile house in a village in Quang Xuong distri...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- Grocery StoreBoliviaAida continues to work in her convenience store. The previous loan was used to buy food and basic items to stock her business. Her loan repayment was done on time as she pl...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- Auto RepairPakistanShazia is a 26-year-old lady and a responsible mother of one daughter. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Her husband has been running his own auto repair shop ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like françois derbaix, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,232 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.