Join françois derbaix on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaBala, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Danbubu village. Bala is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and reso...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- FarmingPhilippinesSadrach is 54 years old and from San Vicente Bajo.
For the past two years, Sadrach has been a farmer. He earns 1,500 PHP each month.
Sadrach is requ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Cosmetics SalesPhilippinesCinderella is a 32-year-old woman from Calape, Bohol. She has one child that is still dependent and need their support. Her partner is a tricycle driver while Cinderella is...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- AgricultureTajikistan43-year-old Gayrat is from the city of Istaravshan. He is a farmer and is continuing the trade of his father. Although his father is no longer alive, he still remembers how...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Furniture MakingPhilippinesVirgie is a married woman, 46 years old with five children, two of whom are still in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Virgie has a furniture making busine...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like françois derbaix, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,929 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.