Sandra runs a general store in the Philippines and has requested...Read their story >
Join françois derbaix on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesSandra is 60 years old and married with three children. She works very hard to provide for them.
Sandra runs a general store in the Philippines and has requested...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- General StoreSamoaSalote is a Samoan citizen. She is a hardworking mother of 7 children. She is 60 years old and is still fit and healthy enough to run a convenience store business in her vi...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- TailoringPakistanSyeda Musarat Farzana is 49 years old woman, living with her family in the area of Sialkot, Pakistan.
She runs a womens cloth tailoring business at ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesAs a married parent of three children, Maria Girlie works hard to support her family.
She has a food vending business in the Philippines, and also earns addition...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Grocery StoreJordanZahia is happily married and has supported her husband through the years. She has shared his grief for his fathers death and stayed with him through it all. He inherited a ...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like françois derbaix, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,345 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.