Join françois derbaix on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TransportationEl SalvadorJosé didn’t go to school because his parents didn’t have sufficient financial resources to support him. He is single, but he has a son, who emigrated abroad, looking for a ...Read their story >
- PigsCambodiaPhun is a resident of the Chey Sen district of Preah Vihear province. She is 52 years old and has three children. She feeds them by selling grocery items and raising pigs, ...Read their story >
- AgricultureIndonesiaWantino is the leader of Manunggal Karya Group. He’s passionate about his work as a farmer and he tries to help others around him by gathering his group for training to imp...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguayThe group Ita Moroti was formed in the city of Paraguarí as part of the program for the elimination of poverty, in which participants seek to improve their living condition...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanHamrojon is a hard-working farmer living in Isfara. She has been engaged in this business for thirty-two years. Her husband helps her with her animal sales business. Born i...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like françois derbaix, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,008 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.