Join FABRIS on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailColombiaJhon, 30, is a microentrepreneur from the city of Cartagena. He owns a store that sells parts, accessories, and upholstery for motorcycles. He is the father of a 6-year-o...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHillary is 51 years old and has seven children. He is a group leader and is representing his group formed by 15 farmers in Kimilili District, Kenya.
Hillary has...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaMary is a Kiva borrower. She has five children. She describes herself to be humble.
For the past three years, Mary has been operating a retail business where sh...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAyn is a smallholder who practices dairy, poultry and trees and banana farming in a remote village in Kenyenya, Kenya. To her farming is the only means of securing the basi...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJoseph, pictured above, has been a farmer for 18 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 16 farmers in Teso District. He is 45 years old, is married and has 8 chi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like FABRIS, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,599 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.