Join Fabian Starr on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaAbdu, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Kwadaro village. Abdu is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and resou...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanThe woman in the photo is Nargis. She is married, but her husband is currently abroad to make money. Nargis is engaged in sewing women's clothing at home. She says that it ...Read their story >
- CattleEgyptPaula is 25, married, and has 3 children. He lives with his aging parents in the same house and has a small cattle fattening business. He is requesting this loan to buy a h...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBeatrice is 60 years old and is often described as a very trustworthy person. As a group leader, Beatrice is representing her group of 15 farmers in Matete District in Keny...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorJosé graduated from high school. He is married and has a daughter.
José has a little store. He learned about sales through a relative. Sometimes he also works a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Fabian Starr, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,240 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.