Join Ewan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- WeavingPakistanRubina is a 25-year-old woman living with her spouse. Her husband has a small set up of bed sheets weaving business and has been doing this work for two years. She is worri...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSok’s group live in a rural village in Pursat province in Cambodia. Sok makes a living cultivating rice, and he also does extra work as a factory worker to support his fami...Read their story >
- VehicleLebanonAmer is a 25-year-old divorced man and a Syrian refugee. He got employed in a restaurant almost a year ago, to cover his needs and expenses. He is a hard worker and ambitio...Read their story >
- PigsVietnamLanh is a 30-year-old Thai ethic woman who married and is the mother of two kids. Both her 5-year-old daughter and her 3-year-old son attend kindergarten. Now, there are si...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanThis is a village woman from Tursun-zade named Tuhtabibi. She is 52 years old. She is the mother of many children; six of them. Her eldest son is working in Russia, and the...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ewan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,900 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.