Join Eugene on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingTajikistanTojiniso is an experienced and proficient 39-year-old seamstress who lives and works in the Khuroson area. She has many children. She has three sons and two daughters. Her ...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesArmeniaZakhar is 44 years old, and he lives in Kapan city of the Syunik region. For many years, and now also, he has worked at the city police station. Zakhar is married and he ha...Read their story >
- Food StallPakistan34-year-old Naheeda is a married woman with two children. The man shown in the photo is her husband. He has been running a small restaurant for many years. He earns suffici...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesJudith happily raises her pigs in her own backyard. This is how she earns income for her family. Recently, she asked for a loan to buy bags of animal feed. Judith has incre...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaSamuel is an interesting, married, hardworking man who lives in Kasese, Uganda. He owns a retail shop for general merchandise and a mobile money business that supplements h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Eugene, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,977 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.