Join Eugene on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesTajikistanThis industious woman is Sharifmo. She is 33 year old married woman with four children. Her husband is a home repairmen. Sharifmo is engaged in trading to earn income for h...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanDilafruz, a Tajik woman born in 1984, is married and lives with her husband and her four children, a son and three daughters, in their own apartment in the Tursunzoda area,...Read their story >
- PigsColombiaJuan is a 20 year old, young man. Due to the economic need present in his home, he decided to start a business raising pigs.
He lives in a post-conflict area, a...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaForty-eight-year-old Isaac deals in cocoa farming on his family land and also sells cocoa to cocoa companies in town. He started serious farming 15 years ago to raise incom...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanNarzullo, aged 29, is a responsible man, involved in animal husbandry. He has been raising cattle at home for ten years. He is walking in the footsteps of his parents who...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Eugene, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,151 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.