Join esamais on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaAt the age of 52, Chantha is a mother of one child who is living with her in the Sangke district of Battambang province. She is a hardworking farmer who has been growing va...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreKenyaJoyce is a married woman with three children, all of whom attend school. She lives at a rental house that has electricity and piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is f...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanRabia is 32 years old, hardworking woman who has 2 children. She is with her husabnd in the photo. She has been providing the service of stitching clothes in her locality....Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanGanjina is a business woman from Gonchi. She has been selling fabric for ten years now. It is always in demand since she only sells quality fabric and the price is reasonab...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorEster mentions that the loan previously awarded to her was a great help. She was able to strengthen her business which consists of selling food and drinks, with a greater i...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like esamais, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,683 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.