Join esamais on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCameroonDominique is a 39-year-old, engaged man and a father of two children, who are still in school. He has lived in a local village over the years with his family. He has specia...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonTsa, age 60, is unmarried and the father of five children, whose ages range from 15 to 40. He specializes in growing cacao and he has a 45-year-old cacao plantation in a lo...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaRoberto is a micro-businessman who started his business out of a need to increase the income for his home. He is a father and a main breadwinner. He lives with his family i...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaAbdulrahaman, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest cement house with his family in Layin Hakimi village. Abdulrahaman is a meticulous farmer who has...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodPhilippinesMarried with two children, Josette works hard to support her family.
She has gasoline business in the Philippines, and also earns additional income from general ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like esamais, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,910 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.