Join esamais on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureHondurasIgnacio is 45 years old, married, has three children, and lives in the Victorio, Yoro municipality. For more than 25 years he has farmed, growing corn, beans, and lately co...Read their story >
- RetailSenegalThe "banc villageois" which this group belongs to was started in July of 2002. The group is made up of women who are active in retail. Kiné, who is to the right in the pi...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJulio attended school in his province up to the 5th grade. He is married and his wife takes care of domestic chores. They have a 12 year old daughter. His parents also live...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesLita works hard to support two children. She is married and has a pig fattening business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 104,00 loan through NWTF to inve...Read their story >
- General StoreColombia22-year-old Jose lives with his partner in the town of Tierralta. He is considered at high risk of not being able to repay loans because the town where he now lives suffere...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like esamais, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.