Join eriksjos on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEl SalvadorMario is the father of two children. He went to school through grade two. He is in a relationship and his wife works selling "antojitos" [traditional corn-based dishes]. ...Read their story >
- PigsArmeniaMargo greatly thanks for her previous Kiva loan that helped to develop her farm and hopes to receive one more loan from lenders.
She lives with her family in th...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)Pictured above are loan members from Da None Chaung (A) Village Group named Tin, Pay, Win and Su. Raising ducks is one of the businesses that these members engage in for th...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorJosé is a 50-year-old man who studied up to the seventh grade, is single since he separated from his life partner, and has four children whom he helps economically.
<...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSavin was selected to be group leader for a loan that was requested from MAXIMA Microfinance Plc. In the group there are two members, and they are living at Khan Sen Sok, P...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like eriksjos, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,387 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.