Rosario has more than 10 years of experience ...Read their story >
Join eriksjos on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorRosario lives only with her daughter since unfortunately her husband recently died. Her daughter studies at school.
Rosario has more than 10 years of experience ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Grocery StoreCambodiaThis three-member group in the Takeo province of Cambodia is led by Mach, a 44-year-old married mother of two school-aged children. She is a hardworking woman who has been ...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- General StoreColombiaAlvaro is 29 years old and lives in the municipality of Valencia. He has a daughter who means everything to him, and everything he does is for her. He has a store that he s...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)The five people in the picture above are from Tei Kone-1 (C ) Village Group named Khin, Myoe, San Oo, Aung and San Win. This village group is located in Mahlaing Township, ...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- FarmingKenyaDaniel is 50 years old and has eight children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Daniel is the o...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like eriksjos, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,617 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.