Join Eric on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanMuqadas Abida is 38 years old and from Gujrat, Pakistan. She is a hard-working mother of five young children. She is working hard to ensure a good life for them. Her husban...Read their story >
- TransportationZimbabweChristopher is aged 45, a married man with three children who is in the transport business where he owns three trucks which are on delivery contracts. He has been in this l...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaDaniel, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Kanakargo village. Daniel is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaBalarabe is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer who lives in a modest cement house with his family in Rugar Duka village.
Previously, despite toiling for lon...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaFridah, a farmer full of dreams and goals for her life, wants to get her family ahead with the sweat of her brow, so she started her farming business 15 years ago. Fridah h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.