Join Eric on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaSamauna is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer from Makera village. Samauna lives in a modest mud house with his family. Thanks to his hard work, he feeds his family wit...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPakistanThis is Akbari. She is a 54-year-old woman living with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan.
Her husband is the head of the family. She depends economical...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaWonderful KIVA lenders
Triza is a young small landholder farmer who hails from the remote area of Eldoret. Triza is married and she is blessed with beautiful chi...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaFor three years Livingstone, a married man with one child, has been operating a retail business where he sells wheat and sugar and conducts phone repairs. His business is l...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMeet Sally, a small holder farmer who resides in the remote area of Eldoret west region. She is a woman of humble character and she is very passionate about farming. She sa...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,867 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.