She runs a general store in the Phil...Read their story >
Join Eric on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesEmily is 37 years old and married with six children, three of whom are in school. Emily works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Phil...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FarmingNigeriaSamaila is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer from Makwalla village. He lives in a modest mud house with his family. Thanks to his hard work, he feeds his family with 3...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- PoultryColombiaWith the purpose of buying 400 chickens and food for 45 days, Elias is requesting a loan that will help him to have more animals to sell and a rotation of raising and fatte...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- CerealsPhilippinesAs a married parent of three children, Anna Marie works hard to support her family. She has a rice retailing business in the Philippines, and also earns additional incom...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaEliza, 23, is married. She's a micro-entrepreneur who wants to expand her business. She earns a living selling food and recharge cards, having started the business two ye...Read their story >Funding via ADIM (Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres)
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,135 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.