Join Eric on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaMarina is a 44-year-old farmer with 23 years of experience. She started her farm with her personal savings and with the help of her husband. She has two sons, aged 23 and 1...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- RestaurantTanzaniaMeet Jasmine, a 44-year-old food vendor and a mother of six. She has been in the food vending business for about ten years. She owns and runs a popular restaurant that prov...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- Higher education costsPalestineMohamad is 31 years old and from Khan Younis City in Gaza strip. He is studying psychology at a local university. The only source of income for his family is humanitarian a...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- General StoreSamoaMalu is a 31 year old mother with 1 child, she runs and operates a small convenience store in her village to earn a living. Malu requested for a loan to buy a freezer, box ...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- Internet CafeColombiaMerlis is a small business owner who resides in San Juan de Nepomuceno, a town in the Department of Bolívar. In her community, she identified different services that were ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,300 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.