Join Eric on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- VehicleCambodiaNam, 40, is a mother of three children. Two are in school. She has been a rice farmer for about ten years. This is her main source of income to support her family. This har...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaFanny is a homemaker who lives with her family in Arjona, a village in the department of Bolivar. She is a hard-working, active woman who is determined to get ahead so sev...Read their story >
- AgricultureCambodiaEt, a local resident living in Preah Vihear province, is 32 years old and a mother of three schoolchildren. She is growing cassava as the single main source of her family’s...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonWebb is a 45-year-old married man and father to eight children, whose ages range from 10 to 20 years old. He has been living in a local village for years and is a farmer. H...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaInternational Mother’s Day month is here, and Juhudi Kilimo would like to present to you a hardworking mother by the name of Linet.
Linet is a smallholder farmer...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,839 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.