Join Eric on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fuel/FirewoodKenyaMary is a happily married lady and a mother of 2 children. She sells gas cylinders for a living, and she has mastered this trade so well. She is receiving many clients of l...Read their story >
- Higher education costsKenyaAlbert is in his second year at Kenyatta University undertaking a Bachelor of Education (Arts).
Albert is seeking a Kiva loan to help him commence his third year...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAllen Jane is 26 years old and married with one child, and she works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and has requested a PHP 20,...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesYou always have a reason to work hard when you have four children and all of them are studying. This is true with Mary Grace of Montalban, Rizal, Philippines. Two of her ch...Read their story >
- Higher education costsLebanonHussein is a 21year old Lebanese single man who lives with his parents and four siblings. His father is the main income provider in the family and works hard to fulfill the...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,469 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.