Join Eric on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineRashed is 37 years old and from Rafah City in the Gaza Strip. He has four adorable children and is trying to provide them with all the things they need. Rashed works in a p...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- LivestockPalestineMohammed is a 30-year-old married man with one child. He has been working in ranching and selling the sheep for 10 years. He will use the loan to buy feed and alfalfa befor...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- PigsNicaraguaThe Asociacion Triunfo El Sauce is made up of eight members, six women and two men. All of them are adults, raising fifteen children, who are in school. These people are de...Read their story >Funding via Fundación León 2000
- Souvenir SalesJordanNisreen is 50 years old and lives in Amman. She has 3 children and is a widow who receives a monthly pay check from her dead husband. She began sewing and applied her mothe...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- WeavingGuatemalaLevita continues with her business activities selling and raising chickens, and weaving. She is very concerned because she doesn’t have money to invest in chicken feed, and...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
Kiva lenders, like Eric, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,899 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.