Meet Hilda, who is a small holder farmer. She was born into a humble and poor family, who found a way to make a living through agriculture and...Read their story >
Join EmoFund on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaDear Kiva lender,
Meet Hilda, who is a small holder farmer. She was born into a humble and poor family, who found a way to make a living through agriculture and...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- CafeLebanonMahdi is a 23-year-old single man who is doing a good job of managing his coffee shop in order to cover his needs and expenses. He is a hard worker and an ambitious man wh...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua
- Beauty SalonTanzaniaSophia is in her mid 30s. She is married with two children who are in primary school by now. She works as a hairstylist and a cashier of her beauty salon, a business that s...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- Vehicle RepairsPakistanGul is a 47-year-old vigorous woman and a mother of four children. The man shown in the photo is Gul’s son, who has been providing services of vehicle repairing for many ye...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Food MarketBoliviaThe communal bank "Las Comadritas" will start the fifth cycle in ProMujer, as part of the focal center Villa Copacabana. It is made up of eight members and it is run by a b...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
Kiva lenders, like EmoFund, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,495 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.