Join Elizabeth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesCambodiaChana’s group live in a rural village in Kompong Cham province in Cambodia. Chana makes a living cultivating rice and she also does extra work as factory worker to support ...Read their story >
- Home EnergyPalestineMalek, who appears in the photo, is a 22-year-old man from Jabalia City in the Gaza Strip. He is a single man who lives with his parents and tries hard to provide them wit...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaFanuel, 55, is married and blessed with three children named Linda, Jack and Beatrice. All three are in school, and his dream is to educate them well.
Fanuel has...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesUkraineOlga works in retail, selling women's and men's denim clothing as well as footwear in her native city of Melitopol. In 1996, when she had only begun her business, she sold ...Read their story >
- Education providerArmeniaVache is asking for a second Kiva loan. He is so thankful to all the lenders to be supported already once. He is 47 years old and he lives with his wife, three children and...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,494 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.