Join Elizabeth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesVicky signed up for her membership with PMPC and obtained the necessary capital to start up a sari-sari store business. She is thankful for the capital that was extended to...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Mobile PhonesUgandaBeatrice appreciates kiva support towrads her previous loan of ugx1,000,000 which boost her stock to attract to her business more customers. She was able to buy stock of Ch...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- RetailNicaraguaJosé Antonio is married with two young children who he is still responsible for. He is from one of the municipalities in Chinandega, located in the western part of the coun...Read their story >Funding via Fundación León 2000
- RestaurantPhilippinesSarah is a 48-year-old, married woman with six children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
She has a restaurant business in the Philippines. Sarah reques...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- FarmingKenyaJoan is 47 years old and, as the group leader of her group, she is representing six farmers in Teso district. She is looking forward to working with One Acre Fund for the f...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,353 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.