She is a vigorous lady, and for the past many years, has been running a cloth purchase and sale busi...Read their story >
Join Elizabeth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesPakistanSugran is a 49-year-old, married woman. She has 3 children.
She is a vigorous lady, and for the past many years, has been running a cloth purchase and sale busi...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- DairyBoliviaRamiro has been married for over ten years and has three children, who all attend school. He owns his own house.
He makes cheese, which he is very good at, havi...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- Higher education costsParaguayCarlos is studying toward a degree in architecture. He says that his greatest inspiration is opening his own construction business. He wants to be self-employed, as he has ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- FarmingKenyaFor five years, Juliet has worked in agricultural production. This is a skill that she learned on her own and, little by little, she has perfected her techniques and abilit...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesFor 11 years, Delia has earned a living by selling food (snacks) to the community of Sara, Iloilo. She and her family live a simple life in that town. Delia is a 48-year-ol...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,186 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.