Join Elizabeth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaSreykeat is a woman who has been doing rice and cassava farming for almost 13 years. Her husband is a paid worker. Sreykeat has four children; only one of them is in school...Read their story >
- RetailSierra LeoneGreetings from Magburaka, a community near the small and busy Northern city, Makeni.
This is Agness; she is 32 years old, married, a mother, and a businesswoman...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesTajikistanShamigul is an active woman. She was born in the southern part of Tajikistan in 1981. Her parents gave her away in marriage when she was young. She is divorced.
...Read their story >
- LivestockEl SalvadorIsabel is married and currently lives with his wife and two children, who are between the ages of 28 and 20. Isabel dedicates himself to raising livestock and farming. He ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenya“When small-scale farmers are given access to credit, they are very hardworking,” says Magdalene, a farmer of both crops and livestock. For the past five years, she has bee...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,468 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.