Join Elizabeth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)Kyauk Sa Yit (B) Village Group is a seven member group composed of Kyaw, Myo, Naung, Pyonn, Than, Thu and Tin. Out of these members, Thu is the leader of the group, third f...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- Fish SellingKenyaSidi is a married woman, and she has two children. She describes herself to be ambitious.
She operates a business where she sells fish. She has been involved in...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- FoodNicaraguaPío, 54, an honest and hardworking man, is married and the father of three children.
He has been in business selling meat and chicharron for seven years. This i...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres (ADIM)
- FarmingKenyaFidelis, pictured above, has been a farmer for 10 years and is now proud to represent her group of 13 farmers in Teso district. She is 40 years old, is married, and has sev...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- FarmingKenyaFrancis is a 65-year-old, proud father of eight children. He is a group leader, often described as a very resourceful person, and is representing his group of eight farmers...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,170 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.