Join Elizabeth on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueO Senhor Bergson de 29 anos de idade, vive maritalmente, pai de 1 filha sem idade escolar, vive em casa própria, trabalha como professora numa escola primária, onde consegu...Read their story >
- CattleMadagascarFrom a family purely of peasant farmers, Tahinjanahary, aged 37, is currently investing in farming and livestock. She is married and has five children, aged 3 to 16. She ta...Read their story >
- CafeColombiaLeidy is an entrepreneurial and tenacious woman, with great dreams that she has been cultivating and trying to achieve. She has a project to start a small cafeteria busines...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaOriginally from a rural village in the Snoul District, where crop farming is a common way to earn a living, Chanthor, 37, is married with three children. She and her husban...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesTajikistanIsmoil is a cheerful resident of the glorious district called Balkhi. He is a happy father to two children, a boy and a girl. He is 25 and works in retail. He has a stall a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Elizabeth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,424 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.