Join EKM Metering Inc. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMargaret is 56 years old and has 7 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 10 farmers in Teso District, Kenya. Margaret has been farming...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- CerealsUgandaBernard is a committed, married man with a family and children living in Kamwenge, Uganda. He used his previous loan to buy more bags of millet, beans, and groundnuts to se...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM
- Clothing SalesPakistanYasmeen, 31 years old, is an active borrower of BRAC Pakistan. She is a mother of three children and her husband is a plumber by profession. He is the only one responsible ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs Tuyen is 49 years old, and she lives with husband and three children in the area. One of the biggest difficulties in the area is not having a hygienic latrine to use. ...Read their story >Funding via Quang Binh Women Development Fund
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Moreen, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 8 farmers in Kimilili District, Kenya. She is married and is a mother to 3 children, k...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like EKM Metering Inc., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,773 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.