Join EKM Metering Inc. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockPalestineYehya, who appears in the photo, is a 26-year-old from Gaza Strip. He is a married man who lives with his wife in a small house. He tries so hard to provide his family with...Read their story >
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)This loan group is located in Myay Ni Kone, a village in the delta region of Myanmar. Most of the villagers work as farmers; some engage in fishing and others raise livesto...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesMyanmar (Burma)The featured borrower (first from the right in the picture) is Sai. He is 23 years old, married, and has one child. Sai is very passionate about farming and always finds di...Read their story >
- FishingEl SalvadorElías studied through the sixth grade. He is single and lives with his mother who is dependent on him.
Elías works by repairing fishing nets. He learned this...Read their story >
- FarmingGhanaSamuel is a farmer who comes from Egyirkrom in the Abura Asebu Kwamankesse District in the Central Region of Ghana. He has lime, citrus and oil palm farms. Samuel used his ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like EKM Metering Inc., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,409 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.