Join EKM Metering Inc. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TaxiPakistanKousar is a 53-year-old, married woman living with her husband and eight children in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her elder son drives a taxi which does not belong to ...Read their story >
- RestaurantEgyptMervat is 33, is married, and has 4 children. She has a small falafel restaurant that she runs along with her husband. She is requesting this loan to buy tables and chairs ...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaHamisu is a Babban Gona maize farmer from Baburi village who resides with his family in a mud house. He manages a 0.2-hectare maize farm, through which he supports his fami...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSarem’s group live in a rural village in Kandal Province in Cambodia. Sarem works as a farmer to support her family. In her village there is no reliable access to safe, cle...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanFarah is a 27-year-old woman living with her family in the area of Sheikhupura, Pakistan.
She runs a women's clothes-tailoring business at her home. She has bee...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like EKM Metering Inc., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,816 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.