Join EKM Metering Inc. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaThis season is not the first one that Jackson is working alongside One Acre Fund. He has been a member for a few years now, having joined the program in 2013. Although he i...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorLeonel went to school up through second grade. He has been in a common-law marriage for a long time, and he has one son.
Leonel works butchering pigs and cattle...Read their story >
- RetailHondurasEdilsa is 46 years old and is a single mother. She lives with her children and one grandchild in the town of El Negrito, Yoro.
She has had her own business for 7 year...Read their story >
- CattleEgyptHameda is 30, married, and has four children. He lives with his parents and is financially responsible for them. He has a small fattening project that he started in his hou...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaIn Zovaber village of Gegharkunik region, Manvel lives with his wife. For many years, he used to work as a driver, and she managed passenger transfers around the region. No...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like EKM Metering Inc., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,017 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.