Join Emma Barnes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketTajikistanAbdujabor is a resident of Dangara. He is a well-brought-up and friendly person. He is 26 years old, a faithful husband, and a caring father of two young children. Abdujabo...Read their story >
- AgricultureTimor-LesteJoanita lives in Batugade, and she is in agriculture. She has a farming business that she started in 2015 and grows vegetables to sell to a local market to generate income ...Read their story >
- FoodMadagascarPascaline is making progress. Her sales of cooking oil are picking up and she has also started another business selling dried fish. She continues to take out loans to devel...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanMaryam is a 41-year-old married woman. She lives in Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan. She supports her family through her tailoring business. She has been working as a tailor for ...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSokhim is living in Kandal province. She is 43 years old and is a married mother of five children, one of whom is studying in a local school. She has been farming rice as h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Emma Barnes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,773 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.