Join Emma Barnes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyTajikistanThis is Safiyamo. She is 45 and lives in the Hamadoni district with her husband and three sons. She works raising cattle, a business she started three years ago to continue...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaSavoeun is a 37-year-old living in Prey Veng province and a mother of three children. One of her children is still studying in high school and youngest two are still undera...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThe decision that Agnes (pictured above with her children) made six years ago is what has kept her family together up to today. She chose to engage in farming and stop look...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesKenyaJosephine is 53 years old. She is married and blessed with three children. Her business is selling clothes, which she has practised for 22 years.
This is her sec...Read their story >
- LivestockUgandaDavid is a father of 7 children and they reside in Kasese, Uganda. He owns a butcher shop that he started 20 years back with the aim of increasing his household income. He ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Emma Barnes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,888 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.