Join Edd on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesPakistanSonia is a young entrepreneur from Multan. She is 32 years old. Most of her time is devoted to her family and in addition she runs a clothes selling business from her house...Read their story >
- HealthBoliviaThe woman has a domestic partner, and they are from Cochabamba, Sacaba, residing in the tropics. They have no dependent children. They are hardworking and responsible. Thei...Read their story >
- SewingSamoaElena is a 45 year old woman who is single with 5 children. She runs a small tailoring business in her community. She has 16 years of experience with this business. She has...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHaron is a 37-year-old, smallholder farmer who has had to overcome a lot of adversity in his life. However, he has always had the strength to overcome it and move forward w...Read their story >
- Education providerPakistanAllah Ditta is a 23-year-old man, who established a school 2 years ago in a small community for disadvantaged students. Presently, there are 118 students enrolled in the sc...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Edd, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,851 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.