Join Ed H. Chi on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureIndonesiaEdi is the leader of Nanom Jejama 3 Group, a group of farmers but also friends. Edi plants corn and banana and through his energetic and strong-willed personality, he sprea...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDear Kiva lender! Meet Gervasio, a smal landholder farmer from a remote village in the Nkubu area of Kenya. She started farming five years ago on a small plot she acquired....Read their story >
- Grocery StoreGuatemalaDaila is a member of Dúo Angel de Santo Tomas. She works selling goods of daily consumption (food, basic grains, articles for personal use) but in addition to her store she...Read their story >
- RetailRwandaAbahuje CB subgroup A is Represented by Scolastique. She is a 42 year old mother of four children who are age 4 to 16 years old and are all in school.She owns a small shop ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesColombiaYarmila, 49 years old, is a female head of household who came to the city of Barranquilla, coming from the neighboring country of Venezuela where she worked in various rest...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ed H. Chi, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,709 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.