Join Ed H. Chi on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTanzaniaRose, who is in her late forties, earns her living by operating two separate businesses. One is a general store, and one is a storefront that sells cold drinks like water, ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- TailoringPakistanSalma is a working woman. She is the mother of 2 children and lives with her family in a town of Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan.
She has been providing the service o...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Home EnergyHondurasCornelia is 28 years old and lives with her husband and son. Her main business is the cattle industry. She currently has 12 grazing cattle, obtaining good income from this ...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- TaxiGeorgiaAmiran is 23 years old. He is married and lives with his large family in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia.
Amiran wants to start a taxi business and requested a l...Read their story >Funding via Credo
- General StorePhilippinesElsa is 41 years old, married with four children. Elsa works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 16000 loan thr...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Ed H. Chi, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,351 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.