Join Ed H. Chi on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureTajikistanNasiba is very happy with her previous loan and has made everything great. She has received a good income from her animal breeding and is willing to expand her agricultural...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesMaria is a married woman with 12 children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Maria is 65 years old.
Maria has a food vending business in the Philippines. M...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaDishon is 36 years old. He is married and has 3 children. He has had a retail shop business for 17 years where he sells household goods.
Dishon has requested ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPatrick is a married man. He describes himself to be determined. He operates a farm where he grows maize, beans, peas, carrots and other crops. He has been involved in this...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaThe group of three members in the Prey Veng province of Cambodia is led by Vandy, who is 29 years old. He is married and has only one child.
He is a hardworking...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ed H. Chi, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,264 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.