Join Ed H. Chi on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKenyaMagret, pictured above, has been a farmer for 15 years, and is now proud to represent her group of 14 farmers in Teso District. She is 35 years old, married and has 5 child...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Food StallCongo (Dem. Rep.)Kanyere is an entrepreneur who sells basic foodstuffs in a shop in the town's central commercial area. She started this business five years ago with initial capital from a ...Read their story >Funding via Hekima, a partner of World Relief
- Fruits & VegetablesIndonesiaElizabet and Anastasia are members in the Sukamaju group. Elizabet is a 55-year-old woman (pictured on the left). She is married to Paulus, a 58-year-old farmer. She has ei...Read their story >Funding via Tanaoba Lais Manekat Foundation (TLM)
- EmbroideryPakistanNaseem is a 32-year-old married woman, living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband has owned an enterprise stitching and selling embroidered dresses in nearby towns...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- AgricultureKenyaVictoria is 47 years old and has 6 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 16 farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
Victoria has be...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Ed H. Chi, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,035 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.