She runs a convenience store business. She has been running her business for mor...Read their story >
Join Ed H. Chi on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesRosario is a 55-year-old mother. She is strong and healthy to run her business.
She runs a convenience store business. She has been running her business for mor...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Fish SellingPhilippinesConcepcion works hard to support her family. She is married and has a fish vending business in the Philippines.
Concepcion requested an 18,000 PHP loan through N...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- FarmingKenyaSheila is very clear about what she wants in life and is determined to get ahead and have a good life. She is a smallholder farmer from Kericho in the Rift valley region of...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Plastics SalesEcuadorMercedes is 23 and in a common-law marriage, from which she has two children ages 5 and 1. The oldest is in school. Her spouse works in a local business and they live in Po...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- General StoreEcuadorMaría is 43 years old and lives in the city of Otavalo in the parish of San Pablo. She works selling groceries in her small store located in her own home. This business is ...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Mujeres Unidas (CACMU)
Kiva lenders, like Ed H. Chi, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,920 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.