T...Read their story >
Join Brian on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingKenyaNajma is 29 years old and married with three children. She has had a clothes business for five years, selling clothes and ladies' handbags earning 70,000 KES.
T...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThe decision that Agnes (pictured above with her children) made six years ago is what has kept her family together up to today. She chose to engage in farming and stop look...Read their story >
- RecyclingColombiaMartha, 57 years old, is an enterprising woman who has different roles in her life and states that, thanks to them, she keeps herself in constant dynamism and health. She i...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonPakistanNahid is a 46-year-old married woman who lives in an undeveloped slum area of Gujranwala, Pakistan with her husband. Due to the bad financial situation of her family, she d...Read their story >
- Mobile TransactionsRwandaAbiyemeje cb sub grp A is a group represented by Beathe, who is 26 years old. She is married with 1 child of 3 years. The group name means “Ambitious people” in English. Sh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Brian, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,533 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.