Join Brian on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingEl SalvadorMirna is grateful for the financial support that she has received from Padecomsm when she has requested it. That is how she has had capital to supply her shellfish sales ea...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- FarmingKenyaFrancis is a 71-year-old proud father of eight children. He is a group leader, often described as a very experienced farmer, and is representing his group of seven farmers ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Grocery StoreRwandaTwiyubake Cb is a group represented by Patience who is 49 years old. She is married with seven children aged between 1 and 11 years old. The group name means “Let us rebui...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank
- CattleEl SalvadorJuan is in a relationship and his partner takes care of the housekeeping. Together, they have a child.
Juan works in the cattle trade in the area and has approxi...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaNicerate is a married woman with five children. She operates a farm where she keeps cows and also grows bananas, cereals and other crops. She has been involved in this busi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Brian, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,164 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.