Join Dries on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StorePakistanAs a mother of 4 children, Saima works hard along with her husband to provide them necessities of life. She lives in a small rural community of Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan wi...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- FarmingKenyaFlorence, featured in the above picture, is representing her farming group formed by 8 farmers in Teso District, Kenya. She is 38 years old and a married mother of 6 childr...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- PigsColombiaJosé is a farmworker, born into a family of farmers, a modest and hardworking family to whom he owes everything he learned about farm labor. Thanks to that, now he earns a...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- RetailCongo (Dem. Rep.)Starting in 2009 after having sold agricultural products, Serges took the money that he had saved and allocated it to sales of various items. He gets his supplies in Bukavu...Read their story >Funding via Programme d'Appui aux Initiatives de Développement Economique au Kivu (PAIDEK)
- Clothing SalesArmeniaPetros is greatly thankful, and he hopes to receive his seventh Kiva loan. His entire previous loan he paid back according to his schedule, and on time. Petros is 54 years ...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
Kiva lenders, like Dries, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,773 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.