Join Dries on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureKosovoGoran is 48 years old. He is very honest and a hardworking man. He lives in the village and works as a farmer where he raises pigs. He has a large number of pigs which he r...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
- DairyKenyaJane lives in Nkubu, Kenya, a place where honesty, drive and entrepreneurship are traits among the residents. She is a charismatic and helpful mum who works on her own smal...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- FarmingKenyaPauline, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years, and is now proud to represent her group of 6 farmers in Kimilili District. She is 44 years old, is marrie...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- LivestockKenyaAggrey is a married man. He has four children. He operates a retail business where he sells livestock. His business is located in a good area and his primary customers are ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- TextilesSamoaEleni is 54 years old and single with 5 children. She makes and sells elei printed material to earn a living and has been doing this for 3 years.
She has reques...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
Kiva lenders, like Dries, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.