Join Dries on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaClarres is married woman with one child who attend school. She owns a house that has electricity and piped water. She sells fruits and green vegetables. She has operated...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopArmeniaVagho sends his great thanks for his first Kiva loan and would like to have one more profitable partnership with lenders. He is 72 years old and he lives with his wife in V...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBeatrice is 59 years old and has six children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 14 farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Beatrice has ...Read their story >
- Home EnergyNicaraguaJelmin is married with two children. At present, he works sowing beans and maize. In the community where he lives, there is no electricity, so he is applying for a loan for...Read their story >
- FishingEl SalvadorVictor is single and has three children who are already married. His parents depend on him economically.
For many years, Victor has earned a living fishing. His ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Dries, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,421 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.