Join Dries on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringIndiaRookhsana, 26, is a resident of the Alirajpur district of Madhya Pradesh. She lives with her household of four people here. She runs her own tailoring business. To increase...Read their story >Funding via Milaap
- General StorePakistanYasmeen is a 32-year-old woman. She lives in a small village of Sialkot, Pakistan with her family. She has been successfully running a small grocery store at the corner of ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Party SuppliesColombiaMaria is 48 years old and lives in the municipality of Yarumal. She’s a divorced woman who has two beautiful daughters that mean the world to her. She has a store where she...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- LivestockVietnamIn this group, her circumstances are the most difficult as her husband passed away a long time ago. Thảo has had to work hard to take care of her children and keep sending ...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution
- FoodCongo (Dem. Rep.)With the help of PAIDEK, Dieudonné started to sell foodstuffs in 2010 after being robbed on his way to Ngweshe where he was working in the pharmaceuticals sector.
Read their story >Funding via Programme d'Appui aux Initiatives de Développement Economique au Kivu (PAIDEK)
Kiva lenders, like Dries, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,554 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.