Join Drew on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaTumuai is a 32 year old unmarried woman with 2 children. She makes and sells pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has 3 years of experience with this business. S...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaVeronica is a skilled and accomplished farmer who resides in a remote village in the Bomet area of Kenya. Due to the immense knowledge she has in farming, Veronica commands...Read their story >
- HardwareKenyaPeter is a happily married man aged 67 years. He is a father of 2 children and supports his family.
He is a businessman who runs a hardware store for a living an...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEmmanuel is a 52-year-old proud father of 10 children. He is a group leader, often described as a very trustworthy person, and is representing his group of 10 farmers in Ki...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPakistanFarzana is 57 years old and an active borrower of BRAC Pakistan. She is a mother of five children, and her husband is solely responsible to fulfill the needs of entire fami...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Drew, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,153 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.