Join David Casado on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoOsvaldo is divorced and the head of his family. He would like a loan from Amifin to be able to buy an energy-saving refrigerator, to use less electricity. The one he has is...Read their story >Funding via SGS Soluciones Patrimoniales
- Higher education costsTajikistanThe man in this photo is Eraj. He is a very kind and responsible man. He is married and has two children. His wife is a homemaker.
Eraj is studying at the Natio...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- RickshawPakistanPervez is 55 years old and a married woman. The man shown in the photo is Pervez ’s son who is a driver by profession and provides transportation services using his three-w...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- General StorePakistanStruck by poverty, Minza is trying her level best to give her two children the best life possible. Both of her children are studying in school. Living in a rural area of Gu...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Home EnergyHondurasMayro is a 29-year-old young man. He lives with his wife and children in the community of Las Lajas in the Nicaraguan border zone.
He has a business offering mot...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
Kiva lenders, like David Casado, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,616 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.