Join Des on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsMaliSetou is a Malian housewife who is married to a farmer. She is 40 years old and the mother of two children aged 10 and 6. She did not get the opportunity to go to school.
Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDismas, pictured above, has been a farmer for More than 30 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 15 farmers in Teso District. He is 59 years old, is married and...Read their story >
- Home EnergyNicaraguaSeñor Germán is married and has two children. He currently makes a living growing basic grains and coffee, and rearing livestock to sell. However, the community in which he...Read their story >
- RetailRwandaYvette is a busy 29 year old entrepreneur. In between being a young professional and family responsibilities, Yvette didn't have much spare time to run errands like shoppin...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanMeet Tajiniso, a resident of the Khuroson district. She is 30 years old, married and a mother of three children. Tajiniso still lives in her native district and is involved...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Des, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,405 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.