Join Deborah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaIsabel (the first one on the left) is very grateful for the previous loan because it wouldn't have been possible to buy all the merchandise she needed without it. Her sale...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorArely is 40 years old, a single mother, and her children are minors.
Arely has worked selling pupusas and has been in the business for over 10 years. In addition...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaIlia previously improved sanitation by building a washroom and sewage system with your loan. He will use the loan that he is requesting now to repair the roofing of his hou...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Albania
- AgricultureEl SalvadorElías studied until the 2nd grade of basic school, because his parents opted to send him to work. His partner earns a living carrying out cleaning work, and only one of the...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- TransportationPakistanJameela is a 57-year-old married woman. The man shown in the photo is her son, who is a van driver by profession. He drives in the main city and makes enough income to cove...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
Kiva lenders, like Deborah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,792 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.