Join Deborah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingTajikistanMunira, aged 31, comes from Khuroson. She is a faithful and caring wife and the mother of three children. Her husband is a migrant worker in Russia. Munira has always tr...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaMarta is a 69 year old woman who makes a living making bolis (a popular frozen treat in Nicaragua) and soft drinks. She lives with her husband who helps her with the busine...Read their story >
- PhotographyEl SalvadorJose lives in his own house with his wife and three of their children. They have a son who is already independent and helps him financially.
Jose's business is to mak...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesRwandaDomithille is the group leader of ABIZERANA, which has 12 members, and is shown in this photo as the person holding a passbook. She is 50 years old and is married with six ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaDorica is a widow who is a veteran of a thousand battles she has lived with in the course of her life. She is responsible, hardworking, and a smallholder farmer with a smil...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Deborah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,777 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.