Join Deborah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanShakila is a 31-year-old married woman. She lives in Gujranwala, Pakistan. She supports her family through her tailoring business. She has been working as a tailor for the ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Higher education costsNicaraguaEngel is 19 years old and is currently studying for a degree in computer sciences on Saturdays. He lives with his mother and grandmother.
From Monday to Friday,...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- TailoringPakistanNaveeda is 39 years old. She is a housewife and looks after her family, consisting of five persons. She is well-trained in stitching clothes. She provides services in stitc...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingUgandaTom is aged 33, married and a hardworking man who resides in Hoima, Uganda. He is charged with the responsibility of taking care of three children. He is involved in crop p...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM
- Clothing SalesPeruMariana is 25 years old and is in a common-law relationship. She lives in her own house with her spouse and her children in the district of Cayaltí, Chiclayo province, Lamb...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like Deborah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,172 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.