Join Deborah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaSalima is a married mother of seven children, all of whom attend school. She lives in her own house, which has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly expense ...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Higher education costsArmeniaBe acquainted with Kristina! Kristina is a 42-year-old cook, mother, and a wife from Talin town. Kristina is a mother of four: three daughters and a son. Her son Sargis cur...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Beauty SalonLebanonAmira, a Lebanese woman, lives with her husband and two sons in an owned apartment in the Aley area. She been providing beauty and hairdressing services since 1996 both in ...Read their story >Funding via Ibdaa Microfinance
- SewingEcuadorJulian, 65, lives in the city of Atuntaqui, in the neighborhood of La Gangotena. With his life savings, he bought some years ago a plot of land and built his humble home o...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Mujeres Unidas (CACMU)
- Home Products SalesKenyaBorn in 1974, Mary is a happily married lady and a proud mother of four children. They live in a remote village in Muhoroni and she is a hardworking business lady.
Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders, like Deborah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,062 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.