She is a friendly woman, and she has a business of selling various foods in the...Read their story >
Join Deborah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesColombiaWith her working hands, Ninfa has strived hard to grant her family a better life.
She is a friendly woman, and she has a business of selling various foods in the...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorFlor has an eighth grade education, is in a relationship, and her spouse works for a business as a security guard. They have two children who depend on both parents.
...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Fish SellingPhilippinesAlma earns a living by selling merchandise through her sari-sari (variety) store business. She has been in this business for many years.
She is married and the ...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- General StoreParaguayThe committee named "Vista Alegre" is a relatively new group that consists of 20 hardworking and enterprising women. They go about their work with a sense of cooperation a...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- AgricultureArmeniaMariam is 34 years old and lives in Varser village of Gegharkunik region. She is not married and she lives with her parents and brother. Mariam has higher education and she...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
Kiva lenders, like Deborah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,698 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.