Join Deborah on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureTajikistanErgash is a man who was born in 1968. He lives in the countryside with his family. He is a very diligent and hardworking man. He is married, and lives with his son, his ...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanThis is Abida, a married lady living in Gujranwala, Pakistan with her family. She is a hardworking lady and has been working as a tailor for many years. She is a profession...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanFaiza Rafique is a 40-year-old woman living with her family in the area of Gujrat, Pakistan.
She runs a women's tailoring business at her home. She has been wor...Read their story >
- General StoreGuatemalaSeven dedicated small business women formed the Friendship Bridge Trust Bank "San Mateo" in the Western Highlands' department of Quetzaltenango. They are beginning their f...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEvaline is a married lady aged 44 years old and blessed with 6 children. She is a tea farmer, and she likes meeting people as she buys and sell to them. She is hardworking ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Deborah, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,675 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.