Join Adam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodKenyaLucy is a happily married lady to a man called Simon. She is 48 years old and the mother of three children. They live in a village in Embu. Both of them are business people...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- BakeryColombiaRafael is a 43-year-old baker. He is very well-known in the area where his business is located, the municipality of San Juan De Nepumuceno. His delicious breads have manage...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorCecilio studied through the ninth grade. He is in a committed relationship, and his partner is employed as a cleaner in a hospital. His children are in school and they depe...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Soft DrinksRwandaBeathe is a group leader and is 40 years old. She is married with four children ages 5 to 16 years. The group is called Twubakane Jabana. They sell different products and t...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- LivestockMaliYacoumba is the lady who has the sheep in the photo.She is from Mali and is aged 40, married to a storekeeper and the mother of six children, four sons and two daughters. T...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
Kiva lenders, like Adam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,150 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.