Join Adam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesColombiaYenny, 34, lives in the municipality of Madrid. She has two children and she lives with her spouse in a humble home there. After searching extensively for a job in the muni...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FarmingKenyaMonica is a smallholder farmer who wants to demonstrate each day that she is a great crop and dairy farmer who is important to her home, and that she can succeed and be fin...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorMaría is 60 years old and a single mother who lives in a home she owns with her 35-year-old daughter and her grandchildren, who are 4, 12, 13 and 16 years old. She is a ten...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- LivestockArmeniaYeghish lives with his wife and their only son currently serves in the army. Together with his wife, Yeghish has been running a farming business for 20 years already. The f...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- FarmingGuatemalaSantos is a person who puts in a lot of effort every day so that his crops grow. He says that his last loan went very well, since he was able to purchase fertilizers and m...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
Kiva lenders, like Adam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,109 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.