Join Adam on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- JewelryTajikistanAbduhakim is a young entrepreneur from the city of Qurgan-Tube. He is 26 years old. In 2008 Abduhakim started his own business selling jewelry at the local market. He ha...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- SewingTajikistanMohira is a 28-year-old young woman from the city of Dushanbe. Dushanbe is the capital. Mohira was born and raised in this city. Now she lives there with her husband and hi...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Beauty SalonKenyaBeatrice is the name of the lady raising her hand in the photo. She is a member of Nakuru East Mulembe Self Help group. She is 40 years old, married, and blessed with four ...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesJocelyn is a regular member of PMPC. She is 45 years old, married, and a baker. This is how she supports her family with a meager income of PHP 7,000 per month.
Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Grocery StorePalestineGreetings from Palestine! This is Saqr, a 24-year-old single man from Khanyounis, Gaza Strip. He has his own grocery store, and it is his only income. Since he helps his pa...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Adam, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,198 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.