Join David Hurley on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)First from the left of the picture is Htay, the featured borrower of this village loan group. Htay is 46 years old, and he has been farming throughout his life. He is very ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesBoliviaRogelio is a jeweler who lives in his own brick home with cement floors. He resides in the District of Llojeta in the city of La Paz. Rogelio works more than eight hours ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaKhalid's group is formed by 10 farmers in Matete District and is being represented by Khalid, who is the group leader pictured above. He is 33 years old, is married and has...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesColombiaGustavo is a 26 year old microentrepreneur who lives in Turbaco, a municipality of the Bolivar departament. After working for his cousin's clothing store, Gustavo acquired ...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPeruHanz has been studying Computer Networking and Data Communication for the past year. He has always been interested in the configuration of routers and the functions they p...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like David Hurley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,501 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.