Join David Hurley on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesCongo (Dem. Rep.)Reginalde has been selling ladies' shoes since 2006, thanks to the income he makes in his professional work as a veterinarian. The biggest obstacle he faces is the bad cond...Read their story >Funding via Programme d'Appui aux Initiatives de Développement Economique au Kivu (PAIDEK)
- CerealsKenyaLeposo is a married man. He describes himself to be God-fearing. He operates a retail business where he sells cereals. He has been involved in this business for eight years...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- TailoringPakistanNusrat is a working woman. She is the mother of 2 children and lives with her family in a town of Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan.
She has been providing the service...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- RickshawPakistanBismeen is 42 years old and a married woman. The man shown in the photo is Bismeen’s husband, who is a driver by profession. He provides transportation services using his t...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Home AppliancesGuatemalaMaria (pictured in the far left) is a 47-year-old women. She is married and is the mother of two men and two beautiful young ladies. She and her family live in a community ...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
Kiva lenders, like David Hurley, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.