Join DaveD on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Cosmetics SalesLebanonOla is a widowed woman who was born in 1985. She lives alone in an owned apartment in Chouf area. She has been working in selling cosmetics and beauty products from home an...Read their story >
- Home EnergyNicaraguaFelipe is married and has five children. He currently works growing coffee and basic grains. In addition, he has a small grocery store business with his wife, and he does c...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanAbduahad, aged 41, is a happy man with a positive attitude. He is married and has two dependent children. He lives in a rural area with his family, which comprises a total...Read their story >
- General StoreCameroonAlice is married and blessed with six children. They all live in a three bedroom house at Bamenda, North West Region of Cameroon. She has faced some challenges in life, suc...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaGreetings from Nandi hills, Kenya! Meet Lilian (pictured above with her farming neighbors), a very industrious, honest, and hardworking woman from the Nandi hills area of K...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like DaveD, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,755 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.