Join Daryl on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home Products SalesJordanManal is applying for a loan to fund her project to produce cleaning detergent. She sells the products to the local community nearest to her. She helps her family with fina...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Home Products SalesJordanMaisa is 30 years old, and she lives in Kafranja. Unfortunately, she is divorced and stays with her family now. Maisa owns a home business at her folks' place: it is tradin...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Clothing SalesJordanDiana is 33 years old and is persistently working to achieve a better life for her family. She helped her husband come to own a clothing store that sells cloaks. In retur...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Beauty SalonJordanRabab is a married woman and mother of two children. She is 41 years old and lives in Irbid, which is considered a conflict zone because it is affected by the Syrian crisi...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Beauty SalonJordanSumaya lives in Aqaba and is 45 years old. She is married and has six children. Her husband has a bus to transport commuters.
Since 2005 she owned a beauty sal...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Daryl, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,986 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.