Join Daryl on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Shoe SalesJordanNajah has a high school education. She is married and her husband is retired from the military but his pension is small. So they searched for a business that will increase ...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- TailoringJordanNjood lost her husband at an early age and was left with the responsibility of her seven children. She started sewing to make an income for her family. She learned the nece...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Clothing SalesJordanEman began her business three years ago when problems began to arise between herself and her husband. They eventually divorced and she became in need of an income, so she b...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Beauty SalonJordanHeba owns a beauty salon for women. She has more than 10 years of experience and has taken several training courses in beauty. Her business has been running for more than e...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Grocery StoreJordanDuaa is married to Ahmed and they own a grocery store. They do not have children and need to improve their living standards if they want to have a child. Therefore, they wa...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Daryl, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,510 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.