Join Daniel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgriculturePeruThese people are members of the Los Leones de Umamarca Community Bank which is located in the district of Paucartambo in the province of the same name, and in the departmen...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Thadeus, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. He is 51 years old and, as a group leader, he is representing his group of 14 farmers in ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- HealthTajikistanZarnigor is a beautiful, young, twenty year old woman. She is married and does not have children yet. Zarnigor lives in the city of Khujand, where she works as a pharmacist...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- FarmingEl SalvadorJuan is 43 years old and lives in his own house with his wife and two children. He has worked growing coffee, corn and beans for a number of years and thanks to this work h...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- General StorePakistanShagufta is a 28-year-old married woman living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan, with her family. She is a mother of three children and is motivated to provide her family wi...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Daniel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,976 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.