Join Daniel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorAzucena is a hard-working person that makes a living growing corn and beans. She lives in her own house with her mother and three-year-old daughter. Her husband is temporar...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesMarites is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with seven children.
She runs a clothing retail in the Philippines and requested a PHP 23,000 loan through NWTF in or...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- BricksPalestineMeet Nakhla, a 29-year-old single man from from Bethlehem, who works as a freelancer in construction. He specializes in brick work. This is his only income and he took a US...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Personal Products SalesColombiaBeginning in 2004, Luz found the way to feel useful and to be able to generate her own income. She achieved it thanks to the sale of personal products. Luz is a responsible...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StoreSamoaUai is 53 years old and married with nine children. She owns and operates a small store, selling a variety of items. She has been doing this for six years.
Uai ...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
Kiva lenders, like Daniel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,738 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.