Join Daniel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaJesca, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing her group formed by eight farmers in Sirisia District, Kenya. She joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 20...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaBasiru is a maize farmer from Ghana village. Basiru is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan, Bas...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Home Products SalesPakistanNaseem is aged 48, married and the mother of six children. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is a hawker by profession and sells crockery to the local people. Such cro...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingKenyaHello Kiva community!
Teresia is a smallholder farmer practicing dairy, poultry and crop farming to make a living. She enjoys farming for it is her means of secu...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- RetailPalestineMuhammad, who appears in the photo, is 33 years old and comes from Dier Al-Balah City, in Gaza Strip. He has one adorable child, and he is trying very hard to provide him w...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Daniel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,344 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.