She operates a retail business where she sells handbags and clothe...Read their story >
Join Daniel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaMwanakombo is a married woman and she has 3 children. She describes herself to be innovative.
She operates a retail business where she sells handbags and clothe...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- ServicesIndonesiaGood day, lenders! This is Hartyaningsih, one of Ruma's agents. Hartyaningsih lives in Yogyakarta, a city located about one hour's flying distance from Jakarta, the capital...Read their story >Funding via Rekan Usaha Mikro Anda (Ruma)
- TailoringPakistanSafia is a 59-year-old married woman and a mother of three children.
She accepted the fact that if her husband works alone for their family, they will not be ab...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- TransportationTajikistanThis man is called Firdavs. Firdavs is a native of the Varzob region. Varzob is close to the city of Dushanbe. Firdavs is 39 years old. He is the father of two children.
Read their story >Funding via Humo
- HardwarePakistanSamreen is a 24-year-old lady and the responsible mother of two children. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband has been running his own paint shop for the past 10...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Daniel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,213 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.