For three years Lorena ...Read their story >
Join Daniel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyEl SalvadorLorena, 25, has a third grade education. She is married and her husband sells dairy products. For the time being they have no children.
For three years Lorena ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- ServicesEcuadorJorge is 45 years old, single and has 2 children, Jefferson age 22, and Bryan age 20. They go to school. He lives with his family. From the time he was little, he went out ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Used ClothingPhilippinesTeresita is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a business selling used clothing in the Philippines.
She is borrowing PHP 18,000 through NWTF to buy more stocks ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- TailoringKenyaEverlyne is a married woman with two children. She describes herself to be optimistic.
She operates a tailoring shop where she makes clothes, and has been invol...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- PigsPhilippinesGina is 30 years old and married. She has three children.
Gina is in the agricultural business, raising pigs in the Philippines. She has been raising pigs for tw...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Daniel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,192 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.