Join Dan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PubUgandaWilson is an old client in the institution and is applying for a loan of 2,000,000 UGX. Wilson is 60 years old and is married. He has 6 children and 2 grand children whom h...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaPanha is married and blessed with three children. She is 41 years old. She grows rice as her main income to support her family. Drought and insects are the main challenges ...Read their story >
- CerealsVietnamMrs Minh is 32 years old and she is married with four children. She has had a retail business selling rice for more than 10 years. Minh lives in Hoang Hoa district, a rural...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMost smallholder farmers in Nkubu, Kenya, struggle because of lack of capital. This is true for Zachayo, who is the farmer of adorable, lovely children. He has been practic...Read their story >
- AgricultureCambodiaSengkheang, 37, is married woman living in the village of Kampong Cham province in Cambodia with her husband and three school-aged children. She is a hard-working woman and...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Dan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,665 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.