Her husband is a rickshaw driver by profession. For the past many days, ...Read their story >
Join Cynthia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RickshawPakistanNaseem is the age of 44; she is the mother of one child. She lives in Lahore, Pakistan.
Her husband is a rickshaw driver by profession. For the past many days, ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FishingPhilippinesSalvacion is a 40-year-old woman from the province of Concepcion, Iloilo, Philippines. She is married and has four children. The oldest child is 21 years old while the youn...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- FishingPhilippinesVevone is a 42-year-old woman and a resident of Concepcion, Iloilo where fishing is most likely their main sources of income. Like the other people in her community, she an...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorCarmen is 43 years old. She is a single mother of 3 children who depend on her entirely.
Carmen has a small shop at home where she sells basic goods. In addition...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- RestaurantJordanMr. Ahmad lives in Zarqaa with his wife and his two kids, he is very ambitious and optimistic and he is working hard to provide a living for his family.
One y...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Cynthia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,750 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.