Join Cynthia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsArmeniaGet to know Araksya, 33! This nice woman is a farmer with around 10 years of experience. She is involved in agricultural activities with the help of her husband Samvel, 36....Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanSadbarg lives in the city of Gissar, located in southern Tajikistan. She is 43, married, and the mother of three children. Her husband has left the country to find emplo...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPalestineZahran, 22 years old, is from Bethlehem, West Bank. He studies law at the local university and excels in his studies. Zahran gets a salary from governmental aid, but the sa...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPakistanShaista is a 52-year-old woman. She lives with her husband in Gujranwala, Pakistan. Her growing family has been facing the challenge of meeting expenses with very little in...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanKalsoom is 53 years old and married with five children. She appears in this photo with her husband, who works as a tailor in their community. Kalsoom's husband is a hardwor...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Cynthia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,669 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.