Join Cynthia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanKalsoom is a 42-year-old woman and she lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan with her 4 children. Her husband has been working in a public sector organization for many years and he...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Food Production/SalesTanzaniaSabina, aged 28, is married and the hard-working mother of two primary school-aged children. She is a local food vendor, working as a "mama lishe", and has been operating t...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
- General StorePhilippinesClarissa is 50 years old, and married with six children.
Clarissa works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FarmingKenyaJoseph is a married man. He has two children. He describes himself to be focused. He operates a farm where he grows tomatoes and also keeps dairy cows. His business is loca...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Machinery RentalKenyaDavid is a hardworking man who lives in Nanyuki. He has a lucrative business in the construction industry.
David owns construction equipment that he leases to co...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders, like Cynthia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,999 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.