Join Connie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoMirna is a homemaker who lives to the north of the city of Monterrey. She is married to Miguel, with whom she has 4 children, her oldest son is married and made her a grand...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanShazia is a 37 year old, married lady. She is with her brother in the photo. She is a very talented lady and excels in her work of stitching. She has gotten a lot of apprec...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesMardy and her husband work hard to support their children. They have two children ages nine and six years old.
Mardy’s husband is a fisherman. In order to help ...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanKhairiniso is a hardworking woman who is good to spend time with and pure of soul. She is the mother of three children. Almost all residents of the Khuroson district work i...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesRwandaKanguka B Cb Sub Grp B is a group represented by Peruth, who is 45 years old. She is married with five children, ages 5 to 25 years. The group name means “wake-up” in Engli...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Connie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,240 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.