Join Collin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StorePeruJorge Adalberto is 69 years old, single and has no children. He lives with his family in their family home in a rural region of the Nueva Arica district in the province of ...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Grocery StorePeruHubert, 59 years old, is married and lives in his own house with his wife and children in the district of Cayaltí, Chiclayo province, Lambayeque department, in the country ...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- CateringPeruGuillermo David, 24, is single and lives with his parents in Cayaltí. Farming and small businesses are common sources of income for local people here. Guillermo David h...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Motorcycle TransportPeruFrancisco is 31 years old and is in a common law relationship. He lives in his own home together with his partner and their son in the district of Oyotún, in the province o...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Motorcycle TransportPeruMelanio is 49 years old, married, and lives in his own house together with his spouse and his daughter in Pucará, province of Jaén, department of Cajamarca, in the country ...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like Collin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,981 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.