Join Collin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesPeruThe member William continues making a living selling clothing. He sells pants, blouses, and polo shirts. He has been in this business for several years and it is going ve...Read their story >
- ConstructionPeruFederico belongs to the communal bank "Tres de Mayo de Poroy". He continues working in construction. He is a general contractor. He has done this work for quite awhile and ...Read their story >
- FarmingPeruJuvenal is a member of the Communal Bank “Benjamin Hermoza”. He is 37 years old, in a common-law relationship, and has two children. Juvenal divides his time between his ...Read their story >
- TaxiPeru[Communal bank] member Edwin belongs to the bank "Virgen Asunta."
He continues offering taxi service. He is a responsible person who hopes to be able to obtain m...Read their story >
- FarmingPeruPercy is a hard-working man, 68 years old, who lives with his 4 children in the locality of Bella Unión, which is located in Arequipa. He works in agriculture and currently...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Collin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,653 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.