Doris is 53 year...Read their story >
Join Collin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StorePeruThis borrower belongs to the APU KCMAER communal bank. This bank is located in the district of Coya, province of Calca and department of Cuzco.
Doris is 53 year...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- RestaurantPeruThis member, Sergio, belongs to the "INMACULADA CONCEPCION DE ECHARATI” communal bank. This bank is located in the Echarate district in the La Convención province and the ...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- Fish SellingPeruCarlos Percy is 35 years old. He is separated and lives with his children and his mother in the district of Cayaltí, in the province of Chiclayo, in the department of Lamba...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- FarmingPeruAdriano is 58 years old and is in a common-law relationship. He lives with his spouse in his own home, built of rustic materials, in the district of Querecotillo, province ...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- FarmingPeruJacobo is 54 years old and in a domestic partnership. He lives in his own house with his spouse and daughter in the district of Cayalluc, province of Cutervo, department of...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like Collin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,767 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.