Join Brad Codd on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaAt the age of 53, Khorn is living in Ponhea Krek district, Tbaung Khmum province, Cambodia. She is a farmer who has growing rubber and cassava since she was 18 years old. K...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaYakubu is 35 year-old-man and resident of Kizinga in the Jinja district. He is married man with one child who has not yet started school.
Yakubu is a boda boda...Read their story >
- Used ClothingCameroonJacques Guy is a young 37-year-old man who is married and has two dependent children.
He works in secondhand clothing. He gets his supplies in bundles at the Mbo...Read their story >
- General StoreCambodiaRin was selected to be the group leader for a loan that was requested from Maxima Microfinance Plc. In the group there are four members, and they live in Somrong Torng Dist...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonDaniel is 53, married, and the father of five children ranging from ages 4 to 19. Four of his children go to school. He owns a cocoa plantation which he has been managing...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Brad Codd, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,533 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.