Join Brad Codd on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Soft DrinksCambodiaSophaon is 28 years old and a married woman with one son aged 4 years old. Her husband works as an officer at public entity. Sophaon has been running her business for 24 mo...Read their story >Funding via Chamroeun Microfinance Limited
- CattleEl SalvadorWilmer is 41 years old. He is in a common-law marriage, and has three children. His partner takes charge of households tasks, and supports him in agriculture.
...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- CattleArmeniaPetros is 41 years old and lives with his wife and son in Tsovagyugh, a village in the Gegharkunik region. Petros is unemployed and he is farming now. On his farm he has co...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- Food StallSamoaMeripa is a 46-year-old married woman with 6 children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has 4 years of experience in this business. Meripa ne...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- DairyKenyaRoblin is a happily married man with one wife and they are blessed with three children. His wife is a farmer and they support one another.
Roblin is a dairy cow ...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders, like Brad Codd, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,172 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.