Join Clemens on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorReina, 71 years old, did not have the opportunity to study since her parents did not see the importance of an education. She is partnered and her partner works in agricultu...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanShahzodakhon lives in the city of Tursunzoda. She is 47 years old, married, and the mother of two sons. She also has a daughter-in-law. Her oldest son, currently a migra...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaAnush is a 55-year-old woman from Shirak region. (Shirak is an under-served zone and the population there still struggles from the poverty caused by 1988 earthquake.)
Read their story >
- Fish SellingEcuadorGaby is 24 years old. She is single and lives with her parents and her 6 siblings. Gaby helps her parents in the hardware store. Gaby wants to help her parents with the exp...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesBetty is 41 years old and married with three children. She lives in Purok Minaog, Dipolog City. To support their family, she aids her husband's income, as a motorcab driver...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Clemens, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,410 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.