Join Clare on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaThis year, Sin is 38 years old. She is a farmer who has been growing rice for almost five years. Besides this, her husband has been working as a paid worker for 2 years to ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanThis independent and ambitious woman is called Madina. She is 39 years old and lives in the Vakhsh region. Madina lives with her husband and in-laws. Seven years ago Madina...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonAppolinaire is a man of 61, married and the father of four children. He has been a farmer for years and decided to devote himself to the cacao field he inherited from his f...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanNOOR FATIMA is a 38-years married woman, living near Lahore, Pakistan, with her spouse and four children and she sits with her husband. She wants to take a loan to support ...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanZarrina is turning to you with hope. She is a very kind, amiable person. Zarrina and her husband live in Chkalovsk. Zarrina's husband works in business. Zarrina works as a ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Clare, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,468 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.