Join Chutney Club on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesTajikistanMeet Momagul, a hardworking and positive woman from the district of Temurmalik. Momagul is almost 50 and she owns a business with her husband. They started selling clothe...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanHabiba is a 53-year-old woman. She lives in a rural area, and is married with three children. Habiba works as a teacher in a school. She has dedicated her whole life to thi...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesRwandaUmunezero Tcb is a group represented by Claudine, who is 28 years old. She is married with two children, aged 9 and 10 years old. The group name means “happiness” in Englis...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanGhazala Shaheen is 42 years old woman living with her spouse and three children in the populated area of Gujrat, Pakistan.
Four years ago she initiated her own ...Read their story >
- Food MarketTajikistanRoziyamo is 59 years old and a resident of the city of Kulob. She is married and the mother of two girls. She owns a grocery store where she sells food products, includin...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Chutney Club, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,241 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.