Join Chris on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaSengorn, 32, is the mother of three children, two of whom are in school. She has been a rice and rubber plant grower for about eight years to support her family. She is abl...Read their story >
- FoodCameroonDamien is a young man who lives with his partner and two children. He runs a food stall at his local market.
He has applied for this loan so that he can acquire ...Read their story >
- Electronics SalesLebanonHussein is a 24-year-old single young man who opened an electronics shop two years ago to cover his needs and expenses. He is a hard worker and an ambitious man who is tryi...Read their story >
- Higher education costsParaguayAlexis is the youngest child of his family. His goal is to be able to finish his studies and have a degree in business administration, and struggle to be able to improve hi...Read their story >
- Construction SuppliesParaguayBenito continues to manage his business of selling construction materials and also renting out retail spaces. He says that his work gives him the means to help his family ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Chris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.