Join Chris E Frost on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesTajikistanThis young and energetic woman with the beautiful name of Marziya lives in the city of Shahrituz. She is 44 years old, married, and has a four children (aged 8,12,16 and 18...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanJamila has had an interest in animals and livestock farming since a young age. She loves animals and tending to them. She was born into a family of farmers. When she began ...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorWilliam is a very hard-working young man and entrepreneur. He lives with his life companion, who works in commerce, and with his three stepchildren and two children of his ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndiaA toilet is one of the most basic necessities, yet there are millions in rural India who make do without one. Banumathy, a 49-year-old woman from Trichy City in Tamil Nadu,...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesDima is 60 years old, married and has four children.
Dima is in the agricultural business, farming rice in the Philippines. Dima requested a PHP 10,000 loan thro...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Chris E Frost, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,935 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.