Join Chris E Frost on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesMarlyn is a 45-year-old married woman. She has four children, aged between 3 and 12 years old. Her husband is a farmer and also a fisherman, while Marlyn runs a sari-sari (...Read their story >
- Barber ShopPalestineHaytham, who appears in the photo, is a 21-year-old from Khanyounis, Gaza Strip. He is a father of one adorable kid. He tries so hard to raise him in the best conditions an...Read their story >
- General StoreColombiaYider is just 20 years old and lives in the municipality of Monteria. He’s a very young entrepreneur who is very hardworking and smart. The reason why his parents left him ...Read their story >
- RetailRwandaDukundumurimo tcb is a group represented by Claudette who is 34 years old. She is married with 6 children between the ages of 3 and 15 years old.
Claudette owns...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRuth (pictured here wearing a white blouse alongside her farming neighbour) is a smart and humble young lady who has a great desire to change her life. She lives in the Kit...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Chris E Frost, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,291 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.